Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hmmmmmm, Oatmeal cookies!

Hi everyone!  do you like fresh, homemade, warm oatmeal cookies?  Oh yeah!

The other day Melissa brought her boys over uber early in the morning for me to take to school.  she had to be at work at 6 AM, and Glen had to go out of town at 4 AM.  So at 5AM, here comes the grands! 

Gunner was asleep on the couch, Andrew on one of the recliners and Hudson in my arms in the other recliner.  It didn't take us long to go back to sleep.  At 7:15 Bruce woke us up.  While I helped the boys get dressed, Bruce made scrambled eggs.  They wolfed those eggs down, especially Hudson.  2 fisted eating! 

Anyway, as we were talking, Gunner wanted to know if I knew how to make cookies.  I knew they were coming back over after school, so I said yes, we could make them when they came back.  I asked, Doesn't mommy make cookies?  No, she doesn't know how!!!  Oh Gunner!  Melissa is a good cookie maker.  She works full time, so cookies don't always get made. 

Anyway, they all came back after school and we proceeded to make cookies, or rather grandma did, and Mom (Melissa) helped a lot, LOL....... 

We decided on Sister Cunningham's Favorite Cookies in the Whole World!  Many years ago, while living in CA., the sister missionaries came often, and usually brought us these cookies.  I begged for the recipe.  Sister Cunningham had the recipe memorized.  She shared with me, and I will share with you! 


The dough
 
 
Getting ready to bake
 
 
 
This recipe make about 9 dozen cookies!
 
 


 
and the eating!
 
 
Sister Cunningham's Favorite Cookies in the Whole Wide World!
 
2 cups softened butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour
5 coups oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag milk chocolate chips (I usually use Ghirardelli's but this time used mini chocolate chips)
 
Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs.  Mix, then add vanilla, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.  Then add chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls to an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9 - 12 minutes.  DO NOT over bake.  The less you bake , the softer they are.  Store in airtight container. 
 
Enjoy.....
 
hugs


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes I do love Oatmeal cookies. I even love the batter. If the recipe says 9 dozen that means about 4 dozen baked cookies to share and eat. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....