Monday, September 13, 2010

UFO Sewing

well, the guys are busy building away. Inspector came and passed everything! YAHOOOOO....
and me? I am sewing away..... I am working on a UFO from several years ago. I seem to say that a lot. but I have a lot of old UFO's! this one is from my birthday fabric from Thornberries. very pretty blues and golds. the pattern I started was Baskets in the Briars, from the book Butternut and Blue - threads of the Civil War by Barbara Brackman and Karla Menaugh. Now, I like Civil War fabrics. I have a few in my collection. is just not my favorite. I am trying very hard not to buy CW fabrics. but I am making this quilt. and shortly I will start Civil War love letters, and I am doing a Dear Jane in redwork. hmmmmm, maybe I like CW fabrics more than I think...... anyway, here is the first block. I made 16 of them. 288 half square triangles. Now, I had all the half square triangles done and placed in a bag. none were squared up. I think that is why I haven't finished it. so I have been spending time squaring up those 288 squares. plus there is a basket block with a total of 200 more half square triangles. those are all squared up and I have started to sew those together. I like the book because it gives a lot of history about the civil war and what inspired each project in the book.
I think this quilt is going to be bigger than I thought! in a day or two I will have the baskets done. Yeah!! it's getting closer to being finished. thanks Thornberries gals for my birthday fabrics.....
Lorene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....