Monday, March 10, 2014

Stash Report 4

Hi everyone, my goodness the weeks are going fast.  here we go.......

Bobbins used this week: 2
Bobbins used year to date: 5
Thread spools emptied this week: 0
Thread spools emptied year to date:  1
Fabric used this week: 5 3/8 yard  
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 3 1/2 yards
Fabric added year to date: 16 1/2 yards
 Net fabric add for 2013: + 9 yards

UFOs finished this week: 1
UFOs finished year to date: 4

I finished the pinwheel quilt!  yeah!!!  only about 10 years in the making, I think.  Maybe longer.  It was a row by row exchange.  I provided the background.  I wanted everyone to make different pinwheels for me.  I love 2 color quilts, always have.  Especially red 2 color quilts.  So I was so excited to try this.  I was a new quilter, kind of.  there were 5 of us.  from the beginning I wanted scalloped borders.  Maybe that's why I took so long to finish it.

A couple of years ago, I was asked to do a class on scallop borders.  ok.....  it was a challenge and I LOVED it! 


This quilt is almost square, 53 x 57.  so it doesn't matter which way the pinwheels go.  This was the best picture of the few I took.  Of course, Mr. Diesel, the cat was in every picture.  I think he was hoping I would lay it down for him to lay on it of course. 

I have made more of the cheddar scrappy pink blocks.  I need to see where I am at.  But, I do know I need to cut more 2" squares for the borders. 

Still not quite done quilting the Blessings quilt.  I am wanting it finished by Wednesday, so I can show my friends. 

Hope you have a fantastic week.  With some sewing thrown in. 

hugs....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....