Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Aunt Betty


Hi Everyone!  My Mom and I went to Payson the other day to visit with my Aunt Betty.  I have such fond memories of her.  One thing I remember so well is her phonograph record player. It played 45 records.  She had the song Tequila by the Champs.  The song was popular in 1958.  I would play that song over and over and over.  Now, I have never tasted Tequila.  Never had any alcohol.  but I love that song!  as a side note, Bruce and I were at a Texaco function several years ago.  big dinner somewhere.  the entertainment?  The Champs!  loved it! 

another memory.  When I was about 5 years old,  my aunt was in high school.  she took a sewing class.  she made a grey jumper with a red dotted swiss blouse.  One outfit for her and one for me!  There was a fashion show for all the girls to models their outfits they had made.  She and I walked the cat walk together!  I felt so grown up! 

My Uncle took these pictures for us.  He was using my smart phone.  My aunt and uncle are not teckies.  They do not even have a computer.  So heads are a little cut off and we were talking - a lot! 
We never shut up.  And lots of laughing! 

 

 
Now,, the last memory.  I remember this hanging in my grandparents home.  I remember running my hands over it, fascinated by the detail.  She made this when she was17 years old in shop in high school.  She took shop in 1957!  I wonder if  there were any other girls taking shop with her.  She told me that she found the picture on the front of a Arizona Highways magazine.  Her teacher helped her transpose it onto the oak.  she carved it.  I love it!  She gave it to me, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
 

I brought her a quilt.  Which I didn't take a picture of.... sorry.  but it was a pink roses kaleidoscope.  I will have to hunt around to see if I have any pictures anywhere. 

hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....