Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ahhhhhh, quilting, it does a body good!

hey everyone!  I have been a very good girl so far this year.  I really have.  I have started a couple of new things AND finished them.  I have completed 18 UFOs.  I think that is a pretty good start to the new year.  

My friend Toni is doing postcard cuties for winter by bunny hill.  I LOVE that quilt.  I really, truly do.   In another group I belong to we exchange gifts - quilty gifts at Christmas.  one of the gals made this quilt for another gal in the group.  ahhhhhhh, I loved this quilt even more when I saw it finished. 

Toni and I were talking and she said she had soooooooo much left over from piecing her quilt, and that I should go ahead and make 1 for me.  OK.....  so Toni bagged up the leftovers. I ordered some red for one of the borders and binding.  went looking for a green for the outer border.  found them!  LOL....  

so, not only did I start a new project, I bought fabric.  only 3 1/2 yards.  so one eveing, i cut and prepped everything.  and then the next morning I started sewing.  all the blocks are done!  wow, that was fast!  

 aren't they pretty?  I am doing all the snowmen in wool.  they are all prepped.  trees in wool.  they are all prepped.  now to fuse everything down and trace all the embroidery part.  I anticipate that this will not be a UFO next year.  wish me luck!  

Lorene

PS.  there is still enough leftover to cut another quilt!  so back to cutting for another friend, Charlene.  oh my, so it is true, that fabric multiplies while we sleep! 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product. 18 UFO's finished, you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing 18 projects just this year so far. Your new quilt blocks are lovely and how sweet to share the fabrics and fun. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....