Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oh boy! Here I go again......

Hi everyone!  I think I have mentioned that I try and cut up scraps.  I store them in a old pattern cabinet.  Each drawer has 3 divided sections.  My 2" sq drawer is over flowing.  So I started making the Scrappy Cheddar Quilt  on the Tattered Garden Blog.  I know I have duplicate fabric in what I have sewn together so far.  but not many.  I traded 100 squares with a couple of friends.  then I found The Curious Quilter  She is hosting a swap of 1.5", 2" or 2.5" Squares.  She suggested that you cut your squares first, then sign up.  there is still a few days left if you are interested.

 
Can you believe that is 800 squares?  and guess what?  my drawer is still full.  sigh.......  I think they  reproduce in the dark.
 
 
So if you have any good scrappy ideas, I am open  to suggestions.  right now my energy is going to the 2" squares.  but my 1.5" and 2.5" drawers are full too.  so I see lots of leaders and enders in my future. 
 
 
Why do I love to make these scrappy quilts?  I consider them free quilts.  no fabric was purchased for these squares.  only scraps!  wow!!!  free quilts!  it makes me smile......
 
hugs.....



2 comments:

  1. It's a smart idea to cut the scrap i squares. I wish mine was as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say free quilts is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....