Monday, August 30, 2010

we are on our way.....

Well I long awaited event has come and gone, and I am free to talk about it now. My parents had their 50th wedding anniversary this past weekend. All of us kids have be talking about this awesome occasion for quite a while. earlier in the year, my brother - Dean and his wife Kris - came up with the idea of going to vegas. they were married there 50 years ago. so in the next few days I will be posting about our trip. here we are packing the car. Dad drove. so mom and I watch the movie Avatar while the guys sat up front. First stop was taking the boys - Buffy and Bogie - to Bark Avenue. they stayed there and had their little vacation while we had ours. I completely forgot to take their pics! what kind of sister am I? lol.....
as soon as the boys were snug in their room, we were off. our first stop was in Kingman. Lee was doing the inventory at the Kingdom store. Lee is my mom and dad's first grandson. they have a special bond. it felt great to stretch our legs and make a pit stop.
I was excited to see how the bridge look going over the dam. the last time we were in Vegas, it wasn't all the way across. it looks pretty awesome.

here is another.....
i like this perspective on the bridge. it shows how large it really is....


this is so sad to see how low the water is at Lake Mead. I think Bruce said it is the lowest it has ever been. kind of scary.
Next stop - Vegas!!!
Lorene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....