Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm Home......

It is sooooo nice to be home, but I miss my babies!!! On our way home, we stopped in Acton to visit with Trina and her family! My camera was dead and I couldn't find the charger. and something was wrong with Trina's camera. so nooooo pics. very sad.... we had a wonderful time and got more hugs and kisses. Jordyn has gotten sooo tall. Julia is just plain gorgeous, Logan is a big time football player and super happy guy, Lowell is very informative - he showed me were everything is and where I could go to the bathroom! LOL! Isabelle is talking and communicating soooo much! We were so happy to see them all.

At the door when I got home was a package from Colorbox. I did a survey about a month ago, and this is what they sent me for taking the survey!!! A complete scrapbook kit with over 1000 pieces and another package of
package of paper with chipboard letters. waaaaayyyy cool! Thanks colorbox! INSIDE the door was my mixer! didn't take pics cuz the battery was dead. yesterday I went to radio shack and bought a new charger. it seemed like it took forever to charger up the battery. Anyway, I picked up Melissa and Gunner and we headed out to the grocery store to pick up food and stuff to make bread. I promised Bruce the first thing I would make is bread for him.
this is the aftermath of making my bread! LOL! it got kind of messy as ICE (that's the beautiful color name) and I got to know each other! LOL! I couldn't find the recipe that Elena gave me. I was in too much of a hurry to get started. So Melissa reminded me of the recipe she uses. it was taught to her by her YW leader Melanie G.

It made 2 loaves. it's a little lopsided. It tasted GREAT! Yeah, I can make bread!!! Thanks to ICE, Elena and Melissa!
here is the recipe:
Delicious Bread
This recipe makes croissants, rolls, pull-a-part bread, pretzels, cinnamon rolls, and loaves!
3 cups milk
4 1/2 tablespoons sugar or honey ( I used honey)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
3 packages yeast (6 3/4 teaspoons)
7 - 9 cups flour
Mix: milk, sugar, butter, salt, yeast, and 2 cups flour. start mixing and adding flour until firm dough forms. knead for 10 minutes. lit rise 1 hour. shape into loaves or cinnamon rolls. let rise again. bake 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
for cinnamon rolls:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cups white sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
for glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
for
Croissants, rub butter on dough.
enjoy....
Lorene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....