Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blessing Day

Sunday was a big day. GW was given a blessing by his father - Ashton. Bruce, Uncles, the bishop and good friends were in the circle. GW was given a wonderful blessing. GW was such a good baby. he slept right through it. LOL! later that day, was dinner at the Holbrook home. Lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, both grandparents were there. Maddy was thrilled to play with all her cousins. Ashton made tri tip and pork ribs.
Now both my sons are great cooks and love to BBQ. Lee likes rubs and slow cooking with lots of juices and fruit. Ash likes to season very lightly and use a homemade killer BBQ sauces. He made a fruity type of BBQ sauce and a spicy BBQ. I promised I wouldn't share the recipe. It's his secret sauce. I didn't even get to look at the recipe he had written down. He just better bottle some up for Christmas!

Our Mr. GW went to the doctor today for a check up. Now, remember he weighed in at 10 pounds even last Wednesday. today 6 days later, 10 pounds 14 ounces!!! This little guy is growing FAST!

Today, Bruce and I went to a quilt shop- wait, I should say Bruce drove me to a quilt shop! Tayo's fabric and quilt shop. It was a very nice shop and very friendly. found several patterns I had not seen before. bought a fq for $1 - it was on sale. they had some very pretty wool, I didn't buy - sigh....... I was trying to be a good girl.

After lunch off to Mr. Pickles. had lunch with Ashton. his job is in the same shopping center as Mr. Pickles. really good sandwiches. ours was #15 bronco. pastrami, lettuce, pickles, peppers, phat sauce and garlic sauce. the phat sauce is ranch dressing, tapitio sauce and jalapenos. the garlic sauce is like a garlic pesto and olive oil sauce. YUMMO!

Lorene

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, photos are great and we can watch the children grow. Quilts are all beautiful. Thanks for shareing. Hugs....Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....