Friday, May 22, 2015

I am trying.....

Well, I want to be organized.  I really do.  My system of organizing my fabric is not working.  Or rather how I fold it.  Several of my friends fold their fabric around a ruler.  but they leave it flat

I did that and then folded it in thirds.  that really takes up a lot more room if it is yardage.  I sort by color.  then I also have 30s, batiks, holidays, christmas, civil war, nancy halverson and patriotic, and solids.   I have done that for years and seems to work well for me.  anything smaller than a FQ goes into strips drawers, or into squares.  I can't tell you how many scrap quilts have been made from my scrap drawers!  I always check those first.  I do find I do not use my strips as much.  I need to figure out something there......

there is a girl from my ward wanting to earn money for a mission.  so I asked if she wanted to fold fabric!!  It was worth every cent I paid.  But it's not finished!  I didn't realize there was sooooo much.  that is kind of scary.  Plus my hubby saw it since fabric covered every flat surface in my house.  Oh dear!
  from this.....

to this....


Morgan folding


to this.....

 I haven't got my closet done yet, so I will take a picture of that later.  Oh dear, I have a after graduation party Thursday night.  I have to get this all put away....  anyone want to come and help me??  

hugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....