Monday, March 9, 2015

Stash Report 9

Hi everyone!  here we go.....

bobbins used this week: 3
bobbins used year to  date: 31
Thread spools emptied this week:  1
Thread spools emptied year to date: 1
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date:  34 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 11 yards
UFOs finished year to date: 6
New start year to date: 2

I am so excited.  I finished a 3280 yard spool of thread!  Next time I will write the date when I start a spool.  I know this one was started last year. 

 
I use so fine 408 to piece with.  I love it.  not linty, and thin like aurifil.  really nice to sew with. 
 
 
I made 1 lonely bowtie.  I can hardly believe that!  but I have been concentrating on other stuff. 
 
 


A couple of years ago, I fell in love with some fabric and Vicki found a free pattern from Riley Blake using the fabric I loved.  So we were excited about this project.  Right away I made the apples.  The Apple Pie block was a little more involved and kept putting it off. 

I was looking for something else, and I found the Ziploc bag of the Apple pie kit.  So this week I made 30 apple pie blocks.

  
 
they are finished and squared up.  now I can start sewing the rows together.  I am sorry.  I went looking for the pattern and it is no longer available. 
 
On the Christmas quilt Toni and I are working on, well,  Toni and I have been busy!
 
  

 

 
All of these blocks need some machine applique.  Except the candy cane, Toni sewed that one together for me.  I need to add a couple of holly leaves.  We have just about everything else cut and ready to put the other blocks together.  I can't believe it is going together so quickly! 
 
And now the May block is down for Angels amoung us.  I do have a tiny bit of green left to do on the block.  But close enough for me to start June's block. 
 
 
This week I am loading a quilt.  another Vicki inspired project.  Several years ago, Vicki sewed blue and white 5" strips together.  She told me it was us to practice free motion quilting!  hahahahahaha......  Not sure if Vicki's is done.  But mine has been hanging in the closet.  It is coming out of hiding and I am going to practice FEATHERS!!!!!  oh my gosh!  me doing feathers!  Wish me luck.....
 
hugs...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....