Monday, February 23, 2015

Stash Report 7

Hi everyone!  It has been a good week.  got some more things done! 

bobbins used this week: 4
bobbins used year to  date: 27
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date: 0
Fabric used this week: 1  yard
Fabric used year to date:  33 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added year to date: 11 yards
UFOs finished year to date: 5
New start year to date: 2

First off I finished an OLD UFO!  Yeah me!  this was started, I think about 10 years ago in Thornberries.  we all pooled of patterns and made these little wall hangings.  the top was sewn together and I had most of the embroidery done.  Then for some reason, it was put away.  I came across it, and looked at it for a few days.  It was telling me to finish, and I was just moving it around the sewing room. 

I finally grab it up and finished the embroidery - took a couple of nights of not working on it really hard.  I spent about an hour quilting it and another hour binding it.  Finished! 


I used a total of 1 1/4 yard of fabric, it's 14 x 20. 

This is a charity quilt I have been working on.  I didn't piece it and I will not bind it, so it really doesn't count on my UFO list.  I used the Handiquilter versa tool ruler.  I used a ruler!  It was fun, amazing, and easy and hard at the same time. 


this is a close up of the quilting....


By no means is it perfect.  But I am pretty excited that I finally jumped in and did it. 

I made 8 more apple blocks.  I need 32 more and now need to cut more pieces for it. 

 
I made 12 more step up blocks.  I need 26 more of these blocks.  so more cutting here too.  

 
I finished making these flower blocks.  I am sending 12 blocks for the swap  and needed to make 8 more blocks for a total of 20.  well, I guess I over cut what I needed.  I have 26 blocks now!  


And I finished Novembers block!  I have December yet to do.  I am so excited, I am so close.  So pretty soon I can start putting them together. 


This coming week another UFO will go on the frame.  just trying to decide which one and can I do some fun quilting on it! 

hugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....