Monday, February 9, 2015

Stash Report 5

Hi everyone!  hope you have had a fantastic week.  Like always lots going on, but that is life isn't it? 

bobbins used this week: 8
bobbins used year to  date: 22
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date: 0
Fabric used this week: 0  yard
Fabric used year to date:  32 1/2 yards
Fabric added this week: 3 yards
Fabric added year to date: 11 yards
UFOs finished year to date: 4
New start year to date: 2

Things have been crazy.  but I did manage to sew with friends at my home last week.  Mardi brought show and tell.  this is a baby quilt she is working on.  the top is finished!  I love it! 

 
 
This is another quilt she has finished.  She is just looking for another button for the center of one of the flowers.  Way too cute!  


Toni was working on tracing applique and Cyndi was working on a wool BOM.  Charlene was in Virginia - I think - taking long arm classes.  Can't wait to hear all the wonderful things she learned.

I enjoyed the day so very much.  I haven't had much of a chance to do any piecing.  So I finished sewing all the 11 rows of Bonnie Hunters mystery So now I can start sewing the rows together!  yeah!!! 



I started another new project.  I couldn't help myself.  It's so darn cute!

 
 
I just need to quilt it.  I found it on Quilts by Cherie   it was so fun to make.  I did it as a leader ender as I was sewing the mystery. 
 
Over the weekend, my dear sweet hubby gave me a gift of time.  He took care of the home front while I sewed. I needed to get a couple of things done.  I needed to play.  I have always said that quilting soothes my soul and gladdens my heart.  I needed some of that. 
 
I made more cute little bowties.  I now have 117 finished.  I made 10 flower blocks for a swap.  I have 2 more I need to sew. 
 
 
I made 16 buckeye beauty blocks for another swap. 
 
 
 
I made 6 apple blocks.  I did this swap last year.  I want to make more to have a lap size quilt.  I now have 32.  more than half way done. 
 
 
 
 I also made 14 step up blocks.  again from a swap last year.  I only need 21 more blocks of those. 
 
 
 
I finished the embroidery on a little Halloween quilt.  This is from probably 10 years ago.  Why did I wait so long?  I just needed to embroidery the cat.  and took part of an evening!  so hopefully, I will quilt it this coming week.  I am not putting it away. 
 
 
I know it looks like I did a lot.  And I did.  8 bobbins!  4 of those bobbins were from the featherweight.  and those bobbins are small.  the other 4 were partial bobbins I was trying to use up.  An empty bobbin is a empty bobbin.  it show progress. 
 
I have had a charity quilt that is on the frame.  for a week......  I decided I am going to do ruler work on this and some free motion.  and here I am staring at it.  so my goal this week, is NOT to stare.  To start that quilt.  Wish me luck! 
 

that's it for now.......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....