Monday, October 20, 2014

Stash Report 28

Hi everyone!  I am home!  yeah!!  it was so wonderful up in the cool air of Williams.  The Aspens were starting to change their colors.  it was beautiful!  Thank you Vicki!!!! 


bobbins used this week: 3
bobbins used year to  date: 74
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date:  14
Fabric used this week:  0
Fabric used year to date:  52 3/8
Fabric added this week:  5
Fabric added year to date:  37 yards


when I arrived at Vicki's this black cat greeted me! 

 
And we both had a witchy Barbie to watch over us!
 
 
We did start one new project.  pumpkin table runners!  The tops are done.  just have to be quilted! 
 
 
Now do you remember those 5000 2.5" Halloween squares I was cutting?  we have talked about making this quilt forever.  Last year, Vicki bought the background for it, and I took it home to cut bricks - 2.5" x 6.5". 
 
Well........  I thought Vicki took the fabric to cut, she knew I took it home.  But neither of us can remember what the fabric looked like!  oh my..... so off to the quilt store.
 
We looked and looked.  how would this look, hmmmmm.... no, how about this? 
Finally we found some ombre green from moda.  OH. MY.  GOSH!!!!  perfect.
 
 
there are 11 vertical rows.  I am at 5.  by the end of the week it should be together. and I will take a better picture.  the green goes from dark to light in the middle to dark again.  The pattern is called In Grannies Dream.  In person it looks awesome!!!! 
 
we also started our 16 patch blocks from Aunt Polly's Blog Wicked bits.  I so love that quilt.  I made 32 of them.  I need 90. 
 
we have more than enough squares.  But not enough yellows.  So we are cutting more squares!  We have already started conspiring what to do with the extra squares we will have. 
 
We had the best time.  laughed a lot.  sewed a lot.  and relaxed.  Just what we needed.  Thanks Vicki!
 
 
 
Oh, BTW, hubby said you guys must not have sewed a lot this time.  Why, I asked.  He replied you don't have a lot of things finished!  Oh my dear, I replied, do you realize how long it takes to sew 2.5" squares together?  he replied, Apparently not! 
 
 
hugs......
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this photo of you two. Lots of fun in Williams. I have been there many years ago. It is a beautiful spot. Creative Finishing Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....