Monday, October 6, 2014

Stash Report 26

Hi everyone!  not too much to report today....

bobbins used this week:  7
bobbins used year to  date:  69
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date:  14
Fabric used this week:  7 5/8 years
Fabric used year to date:  52 3/8
Fabric added this week:  0
Fabric added year to date:  32 yards

like I said, not much to report. 

Vicki and I are getting together at her home in Williams really soon.  I can't wait!!  so I am trying to get things organized to take up there. 

So, in saying that, I have squared up 444 3" half square triangles!


that's not all of the half squares, but it is all of the leavings from squaring up!  I am proud of that little pile!  LOL.....

Over the last couple of years, I have been making the evenings star block in 30's.  In fact I love the block so much, I was in a swap with my Thornberries group AND my Scrappy and Happy yahoo group.  I haven't counted, buy I know I have A LOT.  My plan was, and still is to share with Vicki and make a quilt with it.  One of the ladies from the Scrappy and Happy group put hers on point!  oh my!  I loved it!!!


Didn't Nola do a fantastic job?   Now, I need to do some counting and figure out my game plan..... 

For several years, I have been working on I done my best blocks.  I think I started this one with Cyndi about 4 years ago.  Cyndi and I had gone up to Payson for a retreat and saw this quilt.  Our hearts started beating fast, I think we I might of gotten dizzy!  it was such a sweet quilt. And the class they were having, we couldn't go to.  Sigh...  Well, we talked about that quilt for a couple of months.  One day we saw someone who worked there, and that quilt came up again.  She told us,she was sure the lady who taught the class could help us out. 

the book was no longer available, but Dorothy said she would trace it out onto fabric for us.  we had to pay for the fabric.  hmmmmm, YES!!!!  so I worked hard and finished January through June.  I got about half way done with July.  and there it sat for a few years.  I HAVE JULY DONE!!!!!  yeah!!!!


Now that feels good.  I have already started August.

Another project I have been working on for several years, is a Dear Jane quilt.  I have a friend who has made at least two of these quilts and probably has enough blocks for a couple more.  She has been in swaps for years.  Those quilts are so beautiful, I love looking at them.  So many moons again, I started my Dear Jane with several other people.  only not quite the same.  I am embroidering the blocks! 

I just finished  block F-6.  I trace one row at a time.  I have been trying to as soon as a block is done, I square it up.  and sew it into the row.  so off I go to do that......



 I am on a roll....  Wish me luck....

hugs......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....