Sunday, February 16, 2014

I'm back..............

Well, life has been an adventure, and then some!  The year didn't start out very well for us.  On the first day of the new year, we went to the movies.  I tripped and fell and jammed my thumb.  my right thumb.  I am right handed.  I ended up wearing a brace for over a month.  No sewing for me!



Next, our granddaughter Zoe was mauled by a dog!  there were some injuries.  on her face and on her back.  She is a very lucky girl.  it could have been so much worse.  She is fine.




Next, Hubby thought he was having a heart attack!  We rushed to the ER, all tests concerning his heart were negative.  thank goodness!  However, in running a gazillion tests, they found his gall bladder needed to come out.  That was a Sunday, and they didn't operate till Tuesday.  They were pumping full of antibiotics.  He came home on Wednesday.  On Friday we went back because he was is so much pain again.  somehow his liver was leaking bile into his abdomen.  They had to insert a drain to get rid of all the bad stuff.  More antibiotics, because of infection.  They wouldn't let him go home till the following Tuesday.  With prescriptions for more antibiotics and the drain still in place.




Next, while Hubby was in the hospital, our grandson Hudson, who is 1 1/2 yrs, was toddling, running and ran into the table where the TV is kept.  He had the biggest egg on his forehead!  He didn't have to stay in the hospital, but he was watched closely to make sure no concussion.  He is fine.


This is about an hour or so after he hit his head.  it is about half the size it was! 

Bruce had the drain in for 11 days.  He was on so many medications, which restrictions to eat with food, not eat with food, take by itself, can take it with others, etc.  He felt like he was taking medicines 24 hours a day! the longest he could go was 4 hours without taking anything.  we set the alarm on his phone, made a list, and he was in business!

Ok, we are done with the roller coaster ride.  we want peace, quiet and some normalcy!  Bruce is doing great!  He feels really, really good.  He has started going back to work, a little at a time.  he has to work up his strength again.  I know it is all very frustrating for him.  There have been lots of prayers coming our way.  and we have felt them.  I know our Heavenly Father has been watching over us.

 
This is Bruce 11 or 12 days after his adventure.  His beard is almost white!!  How did that happen?  it use to be red. Maybe next year he could be Santa! 


Well, there you are!  our crazy, messed up adventures.  In the last couple of days, I have started to sew again.  Oh my goodness, I have missed it.  more on that in the next post.  I plan on posting some things that happened in December too.  gotta get caught up here.  Thanks for being patient.  I'm back!

Hugs....

7 comments:

  1. OMG! That would be enough stress and fear for a life time... Not for a month! Glad to learn that everyone is okay and on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that takes care of your family injury quota for the year. It's time stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! It's about time to get off that terrible roller coaster ride. Your sewing machine probably wondered what happened to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear your family is on the road to recovery. I shall keep you and your family in my prayers and I am sending lots of healing energy your way. Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm so sorry you're having a rough start to 2014. My family has as well, but prayers were answered. I'm so glad yours were as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, lady. You all have been through the ringer and back. Bless your hearts. I am thankful everything is going better. Praying that it stays that way. I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a crazy time you've had! I'm so glad everyone is on the mend and all the prayers are working. It wore me out just reading what you and your family have been through in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....