Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stash Reporting!

Hi everyone!  I have spent the last week up in the White Mountains - oh heaven.  It was so cool.  rained everyday but one.  Had a wonderful time.  More on that later! 


Bobbins used this week: 6
Bobbins used year to date: 59
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date:  6
Fabric used this week: 0
Fabric used year to date: 89 1/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 20 yards

Fabric added year to date: 147 1/2 yards

Net fabric add for 2013:  -40 7/8 yards

UFOs finished this week: 0

UFOs finished year to date: 40

Update of fab 4: 
I am not going to do fab 4 for the next little while.  Vicki and I have challenged ourselves to finish Christmas UFOs in preparation for the Ho, Ho, Ho blog hop.  We are going to see how many we can finish!  wish us luck! 

I will report here how that goes, but no pics.  saving that for the blog hop.

Finished Christmas UFOs:  12
 
Oh about the 20 yards, Amazing Quilts was having a clearance sale.  40% off on a lot of Christmas fabric that wasn't Christmassy.  Great for some borders and backings.  soooooooo.........   Borders and backings I do not have in my stash.  so I would I have to buy it anyway.  so I get it when I find on sale.  I always, buy with  a project in mind.  I don't buy yardage just because. Almost always!  LOL... but this time, with projects in mind! 

New projects started:  
Postcard cuties for winterall twelve blocks are done, top is together.  Just need to do the borders. top is done!
Hexie project with Vicki.  3 done 
Wool table hanging BOM:  finished: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul,
Lady bug Twister - everything cut and sewn together.  now I need to cut apart and resew.  
Barn Quilt: all fabric bought
Mini Warm Winter Blessings BOW: finished block 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
Broomstick Hollow:  Cyndi and I are working on this together.  I am cutting up my oranges for it.   Oranges and blacks are all cut.  I can start sewing! all houses and pinwheels are done.  now for the stars! 
Blessings of Spring - rebloomed BOM:  blocks #1, 2, 3 done
A little bit of Boo:  everything cut
Mom'a 9 patch block qlt:  all blocks are done (100), all sashing sewn to one side, 2 complete rows sewn together. 
Wool tulip basket table mat:  all ready fused and ready to do the hand part
Shabby Roses Beauty Mystery Qlt:  center block prepped, and hand embroidery started. 

While up in the mountains I did a lot of sewing, or rather my Mom did.  I did some.   My mom wanted to start another qlt.  Yeah!!!  This is her third quilt.  she just wanted to sew to squares together.  big squares.  So I looked in my scrap drawers.  my 3 1/2" squares were over flowing.  I thought those are big.  we will use those!  Well, her idea and my idea of big are very different!  LOL... 

She sewed 900 squares into rows of 3. 


Then into 9 patches, then a strip of sashing to one side.  Now she has 100 blocks



 
 Before I left, she had 2 rows completely done.  I left the featherweight with her so she could sew until I could get up there again.  each row has 10 blocks.  she is doing a great job!!! 

I finished embroidering the Jan and Nov blocks from the Colorwork pattern.  Now I can sew them into little table hangings.  this is a big project!  I think I have 3 months done from the whole year of hangings.  but the next step will go quickly!  yeah!!! 

    
  


I also finished all the orange houses for the broomstick hollow quilt.  I just have to add stars and moons to these blocks.  cant wait to finish this!  I love this quilt!!! 


My Mom's neighbor is a quilter too.  she brought over a top she just finished!  isn't it pretty?  I love how the stars sparkle.  Thanks for sharing Mary!

hugs.....



1 comment:

  1. Wow - your mom really was busy - she is doing a great job - love the houses and the star quilt
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....