Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quilt Retreat!

I was invited to join a group of ladies this past weekend to go on a quilt retreat in Pine! I love this place! It's called Breath of Life Retreat. Candy is the owner and she just pampers us. Oh, there is a massage therapist too that comes. Heaven!

Here is our little group getting ready to leave..... Last night we played CLR and Cyndi won! She has never won before so that was good - 18 FQ's! Way to go Cyndi!
Here is a top that was finished while there. the lighter blue fabric has snowflakes all over it.

Here is another UFO almost done! the blue larger squares are jeans cut up. then scrappy 2 1/2" squares surrounding them. I left rows 1 and 2 at home, but the rest are sewn together. this project is about 3 years old.
found this apron pattern in Quilt. I just love it! finished!

Mary Lou was working on baby quilts. here is #1.....

and #2! both ready to be quilted!

Kathy finished a table runner.

and she finished a very cute bright top!

here are the stars for a swap for stashbusters - due next week! whew!! done! I did them.....

yesterday, during the day! four different deer came in the yard for our enjoyment! they are sooo pretty!

Cyndi finished a birth announcement quilt for her new little grandson! Josiah Robert......

Here are the 2 little snappy bags I made. they are so fun to play with. they snap close!

I made one with decor bond and one with batting. I like the decor bond better! it makes the bag crisper. Barb is almost done with her heart quilt. she is on a deadline, so she had her foot to the pedal. It's going to be soooooo pretty.......

here is Barb with one of her heart blocks.......Hi Barb!
I can't believe I didn't get a pic of Marilyn! sorry...... she was working on a duck duck goose quilt. very cute!
Now I am going to updates my hours, bobbins etc.... in my side bar! felt wonderful to accomplish so much! and I felt uplifted to be around such wonderful women! thanks gals.....
Lorene

2 comments:

  1. You lady look like you had a great time and were so productive! One of these days I will escape to a quilt retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects and great times I bet !

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....