Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yummy Banana Muffins!

I promised my TB group I would share my banana muffin recipe. I work with Robin at A Quilter's Oasis and she made these muffins one day and brought them in. Kathy and I really enjoyed them and had way too many! But they were soooooo good! Robin said I could share, so now the whole world can make these yummy muffins!

Robin's Banana Muffins

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed rip bananas (2 large)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger (the first time I used all spice, and they were great too)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped, unsalted walnuts (or macadamia nuts for a tropical flavor, or I used pecans)
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

preheat oven to 375. line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners; set aside. combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl. beat using an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time. add bananas and sour cream; beat until well blended.

combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. add flour mixture to batter stir just until combined. (I did this part by hand. Be gentle).

divided batter among prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. combine nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter (I usually don't use all of the sugar and nuts). bake muffins until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes (check at 20 minutes). cool on wire rack. EAT WHEN WARM. EXTREMELY ADDICTING!

enjoy....

Lorene

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the recipe's, I loved the muffins and will try those pork chops this week, they sound wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....