Monday, June 16, 2014

Stash Report 16

Just a quick note to let you know that I am sewing like a mad woman!  but up in the cool mountains visiting my parents.  So when I get home, I will have lots of pictures to share. 

Poor hubby stayed home to work. 

Bobbins used this week: 4
Bobbins used year to date: 28
Thread spools emptied this week: 2
Thread spools emptied year to date: 8
Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 31.75 yards

Here are a couple of things I worked on before I left.....

here are the 45 light blocks I made last week and the 45 dark blocks I made this week!

 
And the top laid out.  It does twinkle doesn't it?  I think my 1st border will be black, but after that I am not sure.  any suggestions?  It is going up to the mountains too.  OK, a funny side note.  see the light blocks?  a dark center with dark points.  see the dark blocks?  it should have a light center with light points.  oops!  I still like it.  it is a good mistake.  I like the way it twinkles! 

 
this one I have had forever. In fact since 2005!  all the blocks were done.  all other pieces cut and measured.  I decided this is one I am taking with me up to the mountains.  hopefully I will come back with a finished top!  It is called Spring Morning - April 2005 McCall's quilting magazine.  Should end up about 76" x 80". 


Another one is from 1999.  Mercy!  this one was a project with my Thornberries group.  we all fell in love with a civil war line of fabric.  and with this pattern.  the line -
the pattern from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine.  July/August 1999.  We all went to a quilt store, and each purchased one or two of the fabrics, but enough for 10.  I believe. not sure, because it has been so long!  it was all figured out, so that we paid the same amount.  Again all the pieces were cut, and then I stopped.  why?  it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.  so I have been sewing on it.  I have step 2 finished!!!!!finished.   283 sashing points units.  mercy!  but I did it...... no picture.  I am taking the next step up with me, so when I return, I can put the top together!

I also have been making basket blocks.  I am in a swap for them.  I am receiving 24 plus my 6.  the pattern calls for 72 blocks for a lap size quilt.  Vicki saw them and she loved them too.  So we are making more and trading. 


I have finished 10!  aren't they the sweetest things........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....