Monday, November 11, 2013

Our Halloween Party!

Hi everyone!  did you have a great Halloween?  we did.  We really did!  We had a houseful! 

First off, dinner.  Yum!  We didn't have a really scary menu.  Everyone wanted to have the Low Country Boil .  I have posted about it before.  It is so very yummy.   




but we had Blueberry Rickety Punch.  I did make some adaptations though.  It did look a little creepy with what everyone thought was eyeballs in the punch.  Oh how I love Halloween.  He, he, he, he,......  cackling laughter! 

Here is how I made it!

  • 12 to 24 fresh blueberries
  • 12 canned lychees in syrup, drained, plus 5 to 6 tablespoons syrup from can
  • 3 cups grape juice
  • 2 cups 7-up
  • Ice 
  • Directions

  • Stick 1 to 2 blueberries, depending on their size, into the cavity of each lychee. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and freeze, about 1 hour. (Wait until the "eyeballs" thaw a bit before eating, so that you don't choke on them.)

    Stir together 5 tablespoons of the lychee syrup, and the grape juice in a bowl or pitcher until combined. Stir in the 7-up and add the lychee eyeballs. If it is a bit tart for your taste, add the remaining tablespoon syrup.

    I serve it in a punch bowl.  it was pretty good!  did I get a picture - no, sorry

    We had our annual loot party.  I let the adults go first to pick some things.  Don't worry, they only took a couple of things. there was plenty left for the kiddos! 




    You have to understand, this is really a tough decision for these kiddos to decide!  They have to pick just the right thing!  So Jenn timed them.  it's a rough life you know........

     
    Here are some of our grands....  Where was Gunner?  hmmmmm..... 


    this was a father and son in the neighborhood.  I have no idea who.  But their costumes were awesome.  we saw them coming up the street.  This little guy was having fun.  So was the Dad....

    Can't believe I have to wait a whole year for Halloween to come back.  I wonder I will think up for next year.......

    hugs.....

    1 comment:

    Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....