so did Julia......
Mike and Logan were at football practise so they ate their later. Whenever I eat this it always brings back lots of memories.......
Would you like the recipe? here you go.....
Chicken and Dumplings
chicken - this time we used thighs. use what ever you like.
herbs - basil, oregano, sage, some of each
garlic - minced
Lawry's seasoned salt
celery with the leaves on, chopped
1. place chicken in large pot. add water to cover the chicken
2. add herbs, garlic, Lawry's. salt and pepper. I use kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. season to taste. cover with lid and bring to a boil. cook until the chicken is done.
3. when the chicken is done, remove and debone the chicken. completely remove the skin and discard. shred chicken and place back into the pot.
4. add vegetables. add more water if needed. cook until vegetables are done. make sure there is plenty of liquid. you can add more water if needed. I like the pot to be about 3/4 full.
5. make the dumplings according to the directions that are on the Bisquick box. cook as directed.
6. when you open the lid the broth will be creamy, the dumplings light and oh so good!