Thursday, January 15, 2015

Stash Report 1, 2015

this is what I have used since the beginning of the year. 

bobbins used this week: 10
bobbins used year to  date: 10
Thread spools emptied this week:  0
Thread spools emptied year to date: 
Fabric used this week:  14 yards
Fabric used year to date:  14 yards
Fabric added this week: 8
Fabric added year to date: 8
UFOs finished:  2

There is a baby shower for my brother's wife this Saturday.  they are having a little boy - Parker.  so I have been busy getting ready for it. 


first up is a baby genius quilt.  my mom pieced it over the summer.  I quilted it and put the binding on.  here are the stats...

68 x 80
9 1/3 yards used
1st UFO project finished


this is a kit my mother purchased.  she decided she did not want to make it.  So I finished it .

49 x 51
4 2/3 yards used
2nd UFO finished!

I have been making mini bow ties for a swap...


I have 36 made for the swap.  but I don't think I will stop there.  they are so fun to make.  the pattern is on Bonnie Hunter quiltville site.  it's called Cheddar Mini Bow Ties.  Now if you are so inclined to swap  these lovely blocks, go over to Quilting Bee.  it's a yahoo group.  it's a new group, but we have been doing fun things.  there is still time to join in if you would like.....  You know you want to!

Last year, Vicki and made this quilt. 
 
It's called in Grannies dream.  I haven't been able to find it online.  So I think the pattern is no longer available.  We used a green ombre fabric.  so the dark green is top and bottom, with the lightest green in the middle.  the quilt looks like it glows.  I love it!! 
 
I stepped out of my box this time.  once I loaded it, I worked from the front of the machine.  A first for me!  I quilted horizontal lines.  I tried to put 3 rows in each section.  I still have to put the binding on, so I haven't included the yardage as finished yet.  I really love how it turned out.
 
 
 
 
I used lime green thread. 

I have also been working on Bonnie Hunters Grand Illusion Mystery.  I have all the pieces done.  just need to start putting them together.  My friend Maggie has her top done! 

Isn't it beautiful?  I can't wait to get to this point! 

hugs......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....