Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Lemon Extract

OK, my vanilla is still in the marinating stage.  I am finding it takes months to get it to the right place.  My friend who made me some vanilla several years ago.  it  is the BEST vanilla ever!  and it is dark, rich, fragrant,  and oh so yummy. 

I am patient.  I can wait.  So, I have a couple of friends who have lemon trees.  And they are generous.  Thanks gals!!! 

Soooo, with that being said, I am going to make lemon extract.  whew!  Hubby bought the vodka for me.  He is such a sweetie.  I feel so guilty when I have to do that.  silly I know.  But that is just the way it is....

So here are my beautiful lemons.  this is just some of them.  16 here. all zested. 

 
 
16 lemons and that is all the zest you get!!!  these lemons were smaller than the meyer lemons another friend gave me. 


and here is the bottle with 3 cups of vodka, the zest of 16 lemons.  in a month, we will see what we have.  I just need to shake the jar from time to time.  And yes the jar is green.  so you can't really see what it looks like. 

But I can tell you my hands smell like lemons, my home smells like lemon.  Love the smell! 
hugs....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....