Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stash Report 24

Hi everyone,  I have been up to visit my parents.  Mom and I sewed up a storm. 


Bobbins used this week: 8
Bobbins used year to date: 55
Thread spools emptied this week:1
Thread spools emptied year to date: 14
Fabric used this week: 0
Fabric used year to date: 44.75 yards
Fabric added: 7 yard
Fabric year to date:  32 yards

It was sooo beautiful up in the cool mountains.  a couple of days it was cold enough to turn the heat on and not be on the porch to sew!  so hand work was done and old movies. 

Twas the night before Christmas stitchery.  I finished 5 blocks.  I am working on the large one now.  the last block!  yeah!!!! 


I finished this top - Aunt Edna's.  The pattern is from a quilt store that recently closed.  In my Thornberries group we traded the 16 patches, oh, a, several years ago!  maybe 6 or 7 years, maybe more! 


It has one more butter yellow border.  then I think I will add a wider red print border and scallop it!  What do you think? 

My mom put together this top - a Baby Genius kit my friend mardi gave me.  My brother Ron and his wife are expecting.  We are so happy for them!  Mom had so much fun sewing this.  Thanks mardi!

 
 I put the borders on the rose quilt top. 
 
 

That's my Dad's shadow you see!  thank Dad.... 

I worked on my 9 patches and Arkanas Crossroads blocks.  Just did more! 

I enjoyed my time with my parents.  It's a little piece of heaven.... 

hugs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....