Monday, August 18, 2014

Stash Report 23

Hi everyone!  here we go.........

Bobbins used this week: 9 ( I quilted a quilt!)
Bobbins used year to date: 47
Thread spools emptied this week: 2 (1 was a 6000 yard spool, yahoo!)
Thread spools emptied year to date: 12
Fabric used this week: 5 yards
Fabric used year to date: 44.75 yards
Fabric added:  5 yard
Fabric year to date:  25 yards

Well, I got a few things done this week.  Last week the AZ grands started school, so we will be on a schedule again.  Gunner and I went to buy Batman fabric for a kindle cover.  he wants to sew it!  I forgot to take a picture.  He was so exited, he told everyone what we were going to do.  And that his grandpa's name is Bruce Wayne.  He loves his Grandpa and loves Batman!!! 

I finished the top of the red/denim churndash.  yeah!  not sure what I will back it with.  I want to use it as a picnic quilt.  or give it to one of the kids.  we will see.  it finished as 55 x 62. 

This came together so quickly!  I got the idea from Quilt Taffy.  Thanks for such a great idea!!! 

I added rows  6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 to my tumbler quilt.  All the rows are done and now to finish sewing the rows together!!! 

So I have some ironing to do. 

I brought out an OLD UFO.  it was a swap from my Thornberries group.  I needed 71 snowball blocks and then 26 rectangles that two of the corners were done like snowball blocks.  I had 20 snowball blocks finished.  well, all 71 blocks are done. and I also finished 26 rectangle blocks.   all the 16 patches are done.  I ran out of the yellow Kona Cotton, so off I went to the store.....  they had the same yellow, but slightly lighter.  I really do not think that will be a problem. 

I joined another swap.....  I know, so bad!  I have to do 100 sets of 9  patches.   a set is 2 blocks.  dark in the corners and light in the corners.  I have 10 sets finished.  they are not due until October 1st.  so I am doing good....

Last year in Thornberries we did the evening star in 30s. we traded the 9 patch part and then 3 1/2" squares for the points on the block.  We figured that everyone one wanted different backgrounds.   this year I was in another swap for the same block in my yahoo 30s group.  these are completed blocks.  so I need 288 flying geese units to finish making the Thornberries blocks.  this week I finished a lot of them.  I need to count them up!  I have 84 finished.  that will make 21 blocks!  wow! 

These are all the waste half square triangles. I will have enough for maybe a small quilt!  yeah!!!  a freebie quilt!

I also finished quilting my grandson's sock monkey quilt. 

 I also started testing a quilt for quilt doodles!  yeah!!!  it's already to put together.....
I will have pictures of that next week.  I am really liking how it is turning out.  blues and yellows, half square triangles, sunflowers, what's not to love!!!

And another UFO is loaded onto my HQ16!  yeah!!!

have a wonderful week, hugs......

1 comment:

  1. Lorene Dear I am exhausted just reading all that you have accomplished. Every project such a joy to see. The Sock Monkey quilt is uber cute. Great that Gunner wants to sew his own cover. Creative Finishing Bliss...


Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....