Monday, June 7, 2010

Quilt Camp Time!

I just got back from our annual Quilter's Oasis Retreat up in Pine. this time we left Thursday after work and got back on Sunday. It was so nice to be up where it was cooler, being pampered by Candy - the owner of the retreat. there was so much accomplished. we laughed till our cheeks hurt! and had really good food! There was even a masseuse if we wanted a massage! heaven.....

Terry Te, worked on these spinning stars. aren't they pretty. there sure were a lot of work but the result will be stunning. I missed several things all the girls were working on. Terry Te was working on a label for a baby quilt. it was really nice. I made a mistake on a tote i was working on, and Terry Te being the sweet person she is, used the ripper and took it out for me! what a sweetheart! I HATE ripping! I mean really HATE ripping. thank you Terry Te!

This is Terry Tr. yes, we have 2 Terry's and 2 Cindy/Cyndi's working at the shop. it can get confusing. Please excuse the quality of a couple of pics. I can't find my camera and so I took Bruce's camera. with this pic of Terry Tr, I was still learning how to use his camera. The quilt is so pretty! I sure didn't do it justice here!!!
Here is Terry Tr again. this is a table topper. another Christmas one. there will be flowers on it that are dimensional. sooooo pretty!

Here is Teresa! she was making a rag quilt! it turned out great and really heavy!

Teresa has been working on a feathered star quilt for a couple of years. she finished another block!! Teresa, how many more do you have to make?
Michelle was working on a notebook. she tea dyed the lace. sooooo pretty!

One of my fav patterns is field of flowers. it is made with a jelly row. Michelle made hers with a Bali pop! I am going to have to buy some Bali pops! she still needs to add borders. but I love how it turned out!
This is my quilt! This was started last year with my friend Vicki. Its called Tropical Twist. it is from a fons and porter mag - easy quilts. It is so much bigger than I thought it would be!!! but I love it.....
this is another of my quilts tops I finished. Cyndi and I both started this last summer. sorry I can't remember which mag it came out of. but I really like this one too!

Mary Lou always comes with us. She is such a sweetie and my room mate! here is a table topper she finished.

She is always making donation quilts. They are always beautiful. This is for a donation.

This pattern is called grandmother's dream. I love how this quilt is make of scraps. she pulled it all together with a white dotted fabric. really cute. another donation quilt!

This is Kathy hiding behind her finished quilt top. it is so girly girl. I love it. I know it was a pattern from Moda U
This is Harriet. She finished this top while up there. Harriet always does a beautiful job in whatever she makes.....
Cyndi made this cute little zippered purse. I have the pattern, but haven't made it yet! does that sound familiar?
Cyndi also made a bow tucks bag. I love the fabric!!! she also worked on a patriotic 4 patch poesy which I didn't get a pic of!

Charlene is in Rippers. in our birthday party last year, everyone received a jelly roll of pink and brown fabric. this is what she did with hers! really cute!
Charlene is very good at the P3 method of applique. she had this all prepped and she finished appliqueing it while at camp. It's a bunny hill BOM

Last year at the shop hop she bought this Halloween panel at one of the stores. Terry Te helped her figure out how to finish it. didn't it turn out great? I love it!!!

She also finished a wool chicken pincushion. She has real chickens at her home.

Before we left for camp, she showed us her FINISHED bunny hill BOM from last year. Oh man, I really need to work on mine! She did a great job as always. just love it!
And Charlene made a bow tucks bag! I think she and Mary Lou were the most productive!

And here is our group!! in the very back is Cindy O, Charlene,Terry Tr. next row is Mary Lou, Cyndi, Michelle, Teresa. last row: me, Kathy, Sandy, Terry Te, Harriet.

A lot of the girls made pillowcases for the million pillowcase thing, some of us traded Halloween blocks (I will show those later!) and I know there were other things I missed taking pics of. Great fun! thanks girls....
Lorene

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh what fun ! what wonderful projects worked on. Love your new background, I need a lesson on getting the title part on there ! Hope to see all yours in person on friday !

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....