Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Quilt Stores

There was only 2 stores I wanted to visit on the way home.  Primitive Gatherings and Temucula Quilts.  Amazingly, they were only about 6 miles apart.

We first went to Primitive Gatherings in Murrieta, CA.  Oh my gosh!!!! I wish i took pictures of the inside. Absolutely amazing.  Beautiful.  I could have bought one of everything!!!  I did not buy fabric.  I bought a couple of kits.



I have wanted to do the kit on the right for so long.  the price was really good and it jumped into my hands!


This one was a kit too.  very reasonable.  there was enough to cut 2 of the red strips and muslin.  I just cut a square of blue for the 2nd flag. it says land of the free because of the brave.  love it! one of them might end up as a present for my son.  But I am keeping the other one.

then on to Temucla Quilt Co. Totally different.  I got to meet the owner.  Very nice.


She has a wonderful blog and a summer sampler is coming up.  Free!  On her blog she has been talking about these little boxes.  they are so dang cute!  had to pick up 2.  she has 3 different sizes.  She also has some wonderful wool.  oh my!  and a really cute container for toothpicks.  to use while appliqueing.  


Her bulletin board was sooo cute.  if you click on the picture, you will see thread spools used a magnets!  brilliant!  She has the cutest small quilt patterns.  I was a good girl and didn't buy any fabric or patterns.  


We then went to lunch at a little Mexican restaurant.  Aztec Tacos  Oh my goodness!!!!  I had rolled tacos - very good!  and Bruce had pasole


He said it was the best he has had.  I tasted it and yes, very yummy!  

From there we took the backroads to Indio, then home.  we didn't stop anywhere to take pictures.  I would compare the ride to driving Salt River Canyon. lots of switch backs and you can see 3 rows of the road.  

It's nice to be home and sleep in my own bed and my pillow.  and home to fold more fabric! hehehe....

hugs....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....