Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sugar cookies!


Do you like sugar cookies?  soft ones?  Oh boy, I sure do.  I have spent years looking for the perfect sugar cookie.  When my children were little, we would make them and they would LOVE to decorate them.  they loved them.  they tasted good, but, not soft.  I LOVE soft cookies!!! 

I want to make an announcement.....  I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE!!!!!!  My children, and my grands will thank me forever! 

this recipe is easy, pretty quick to put together AND no putting it in the refrigerator before you roll it out. 

I found the recipe at its always autumn blog.  she has some really good hints.  you need to check it out. 

In her recipe there was no vanilla!  yikes, I have to have vanilla in my recipe and a secret ingredient! 

So please go over to It's always autumn to read up on the hints. 

The BEST sugar cookie, ever!

2 cups sugar                                     5 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup butter, softened                     1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs                                              1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (secret ingredient, shhhh)
6 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together sugar, butter, eggs milk and vanilla.  Stir all dry ingredients well.  Add dry ingredients to the liquid, mix until just blended. DO NOT OVER MIX! 

Liberally flour the work surface and rolling pin.  Keep some extra flour close by.  if anything sticks, add a little bit of flour.  Roll out 3/8" thick.  use your favorite cookie cutters and cut out your cookies. 

Bake for 9 - 12 minutes.  for my oven at home it was 10 minutes.  for my son's home it was 9 minutes.  DO NOT let the cookies get brown.  let them cool completely on a wire rack.  Frost with your favorite icing.  They store well......

Now you are probably wondering, how in the heck do you measure 3/8" of an inch?  Well, I will tell you....



These little rubber rings are wonderful!  They keep your dough even.  the rings fit on either end of the rolling pin.  where have these been all my life?  I love them.  I brought a set up for Elena.  it was about $8.  I bought them ABC cake Decorating supply.  It was my first time there.  OH. MY. GOSH! 
 
look at all those cookie cutters!  from 1" to 12" and bigger.  I bought several for the grands.  fun, fun, fun! 
 
   

 
 
enjoy, hugs.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....