Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stash Report and checking in!

Hi everyone!  Mercy, so sorry to take so long in getting back on to report.  a few weeks I spent the whole week up in ShowLow visiting my parents.  Oh my goodness - perfect weather.  It was wonderful!  Thanks Mom and Dad! 

So here we go......

Bobbins used this week: 4
Bobbins used year to date: 77
Thread spools emptied this week: 1
Thread spools emptied year to date:  8
Fabric used this week: 0
Fabric used year to date: 101 7/8 yards
Fabric added this week: 2

Fabric added year to date: 168 2/3 yards
Net fabric add for 2013:  - 39 1/2 yards

UFOs finished this week: 0

UFOs finished year to date: 53

New projects started:  
Hexie project with Vicki.  3 done 
Wool table hanging BOM:  finished: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug 
Barn Quilt: all fabric bought
Mini Warm Winter Blessings BOW: finished block 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are prepped for hand sewing.  OK, I have looked for 2 weeks and I can't find them!  I am about ready to go and buy the fabric and start over with #8 and 9.  I know as soon as I buy more fabric, I will find them.... sigh......  Bought new fabric and some wool.  now to reprep!  OK,   I found them!  I knew I would.  Now I can finish the blocks! 
Broomstick Hollow:  Cyndi and I are working on this together.  I am cutting up my oranges for it.   Oranges and blacks are all cut.  I can start sewing! all houses and pinwheels are done.  now for the stars!  stars are done!
Blessings of Spring - rebloomed BOM:  blocks #1, 2, 3, 4 done.
A little bit of Booeverything cut, all blocks are sewn. Traced and ready to embroider.  1st 2 rows are completely done and sewn together!  Top is done!
Mom's 9 patch block qltall blocks are done (100), all sashing sewn to one side, 2 complete rows sewn together.  Top is completed. it's 104 x 104
Wool tulip basket table mat:  all ready fused and ready to do the hand part
Scrappity do dah:  in Thornberries we have started a new swap.  you can find the pattern HERE.  there are 4 of us swapping.  all my blocks are done! 
Scrappy CheddarBut mine is PINK!!!  I follow Tattered Garden.  I fell in love with this quilt.  I look where I keep all my scrappy precut squares and mercy, the 2" drawer is over flowing.  So I am using this as a leader ender project! 
Mom's red and cream quilt:  When I left, Mom had all the rows sewn together.  She was going to work on the sashing and putting the quilt together! 

lots of 2 patches 

turned into 6 patches and 14 patches

turned into a scrappy block.  I love them!  I made about 5 blocks and have lots more to finish.  not sure of the size yet.  So if you are wanting to swap some 2" squares, give me a holler!  I have several people asking if I will embroider in the center square.  hmmmmm, not sure yet on that either.  Good idea though. 


this is scrappity - do - dah.  The swap with Thornberries.  well, I thought 6 people were swapping.  there are 4.  cutting 1 strip of batik the WOF, gave me 7 6.5 squares.  so in my mind, I might as well make the 7th block I will just make my quilt a little bit bigger.  ok.  well, I made 62 set of 7!  I only needed sets of 4!!!  Yikes!!!  I am going to make a much bigger quilt!  LOL...  I will share pictures of the block later.  They were sooo pretty.  I am anxious to start putting the blocks together.  not sure how long we will be swapping on this one....... 
 
 
Well, next week I will be spending with Vicki.  In Williams.  In the cool mountain air.  By ourselves!  Sewing, and sewing, and sewing!  All Halloween stuff.  We are getting ready for the Wicked blog hop.  She signed me up!  LOL.....  She knows me so well...  I love Halloween.  So lets see how much we can get done.  Now, I have lots of Halloween UFOs and we are starting a few new ones.  Wish us luck! 
 
hugs.......

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lorene, looks like you have been a busy lady... love all those little blocks ready for swapping & stitching!
    Have a lovely time in the mountains

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....