Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Oh my! it's 2019!


I can't believe it's been 3 years!!!  where has the time gone? I have been here.  there has been a lot going on.  some healing, some sickness, some figuring out stuff.  But I am here and ready to go.  this feels good trying to blog again. 

So today is January 1, 2019.  my goodness, 2019.  that sounds so furturistic to me.  I have lots of plans for the new year.  but I think I will just share my quilty goals. 

I LOVE starting new projects.  I don't buy magazines very often any more.  I have a gazillion and I never look at them.  I will see a picture on facebook or pinterest and it's like......  SQUIRREL!  I have to do that.  there are so many taleneted quilters out there.  amazes me. 

so this year, I will try very hard to NOT start new projects.  I know that probably won't happen.  but I can dream. 

so today while hubby worked and watched football, I sewed.  and sewed. and sewed.  I haven't had a lot of those days at all.  One goal I have is on the first of every month, make sure I have loaded a quilt on my HQ.  check! 

I just have to baste everything, then I can start quilting.  I think I will just do wavy lines.  this one is only a couple of years old.  I started this one with some friends.  We used my Go! and the small tumbler die.  this is a wall hanging.  

Yesterday I pieced  and quilted this pumpkin.  My friend Toni gave me all the pieces.  I only took a few months to sew it together.  this morning I did the binding.  My first finish for 2019!  
this is the back.  I put these labels back.  the side showing is my name on the back is how to launder it.  
 this is the front.  it doesn't look like its quilted, but I promise it is!  thanks Toni!!!!! 

this is some of what I am working on.  I get borded easy, so lots of things pass thru while I am sewing.  I love it and it seems to work for me. 

Now you probably are thinking I am crazy.  Too many sticks in the fire type thing.  But really I get a lot done this way.  I like to keep track of what I do.  I like checking off things.  I also like keeping track of how many bobbins I go thru - 60 last year!  how many spools of thread - 4.  And every 5 bobbins I clean and oil my machine.  I think by keeping track of everything, things don't get lost in the shuffle, so to speak. 

Well, that enough for now.  I will be back in 2 days, or thats the plan, Sam.  Wish me luck.  It's going to be a great year!  Hugs for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! Come back soon.....